The mission of Duke University's Robert J. Margolis, MD, Center for Health Policy is to improve health and the value of health care through practical, innovative, and evidence-based policy solutions.
Duke-Margolis catalyzes Duke University's leading capabilities including interdisciplinary academic research and capacity for education and engagement, to inform policy making and implementation for better health and health care.
To achieve this mission, the Center:
- Leads problem-focused, interdisciplinary health policy research
- Conducts timely and impactful policy analysis
- Develops and supports innovative educational and training opportunities in health policy across the educational continuum
- Fosters cross-campus collaborations
- Partners and engages with diverse external stakeholders
- Translates research and evidence into implementable policy guidance
- Evaluates health policy solutions across local, national, and global settings