The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) is California's fire department and resource management agency. The organization is comprised of nearly 8,000 permanent and seasonal employees. The mission of the Department is to serve and safeguard the people and protect the property and resources of California.
CAL FIRE is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation. CAL FIRE offers well-paying careers and opportunities for advancement.
When you join CAL FIRE, you join a family of employees that function as a team. You will build trust and friendship with your co-workers, as together you respond to emergencies and challenging situations. CAL FIRE provides employees with a variety of career choices and opportunities. We hope that you will consider a rewarding and challenging career with CAL FIRE!
• We are committed to the safety and well-being of the public and our employees.
• We strive for excellence and professionalism.
• We maintain a can-do attitude and humility in the execution of our duties.
• We care about each other and our service to others, including cooperators, governing bodies, and the public.
• We build and maintain cooperative relationships across the State to benefit the public we serve.
• We allow every member of the Department a voice within a chain-of-command structure.
• We integrate resource management, fi re protection, and fire prevention missions on behalf of the State and local communities.
• We strive to ensure a high level of environmental protection in all our
programs and operations.
• We value the diversity among our employees and the vital functions
they perform to enhance our mission.
• We exhibit calm resilience and performance in the face of emergencies and disasters of any scale.
• We recognize the importance of clear and consistent communication.
• We embrace and support innovation.