Erie Neighborhood House is a social service agency founded in 1870 that promotes a just and inclusive society by strengthening our community—Latinx immigrants alongside individuals and families of all backgrounds—through education, access to critical services and advocacy
Erie Neighborhood House empowers Latinx and diverse low-income communities to reach their fullest potential with a range of award-winning educational programs for all ages.
Established in 1870 in the settlement house tradition, Erie House evolved into one of the first comprehensive social service agencies in Chicago and is now a recognized nonprofit leader. Erie's educational programs reach over 5,000 participants annually, providing a pathway to success and strengthening communities.
1. Promote education and wellness for families and individuals
2. Foster a spirit of service and inclusion
3. Maintain strong community presence and partnerships
4. Amplify the voice of our community
5. Advocate for social change to advance our mission