About Gananda CSD
Gananda Central School District offers smaller class sizes and individual attention along with a variety of extra-curricular opportunities and a range of honors, advanced placement and college-preparatory courses.
The Gananda Central School District educates all students for success.
Size and Location
The Gananda Central School District is located in Wayne County 20 miles east of Rochester’s city center. Approximately 4,000 residents in portions of the towns of Walworth and Macedon live within the districts six square mile boundary.
· Served 950 students in 2021-22
· Average class sizes of 15-19 (K-1), 20-24 (grades 2-8)
· 2021 pupil per teacher ratio: 12:1
· Encompasses three school buildings: Richard Mann Elementary School (UPK-5), Gananda Middle School (6-8), and Ruben A. Cirillo High School (9-12)
Gananda Schools enjoy an outstanding reputation for an exemplary and balanced curricular and extra-curricular program designed to meet the needs of all students. Consider these facts:
· Ranked #1 in academic performance in Wayne County (Source: Business First Buffalo).
· Ranked #14 in academic performance of all 67 school districts in the eight counties within the Rochester area (Source: Business First Buffalo).
· 92% graduation rate
· 94% of Gananda’s 2021 graduates earned Regents diplomas and 53% with advanced designations - much higher than the regional average (46%).
· 24.1 average composite score on the ACT. State average is 23. · 61% of 2011 took the SAT and 44% took the ACT.
· Offering AP Courses in United States History, Art, Biology, Calculus, English, Online AP courses include: AP Stats and AP Language and Composition.