Lawndale Christian Health Center is modeled as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) to deliver the best possible care to our patients. This model is characterized by 5 attributes:
• Comprehensive Care – patients are assigned to a care team that works together to meet the vast majority of each patient’s needs, including prevention, mental health supports, chronic disease management, and acute care.
• Patient-Centered – our patients are viewed as the center of their care team. We want each patient to manage and organize their own care at the level they choose. As partners in care, providers and patients can build strong, trusting relationships.
• Coordinated Care – LCHC assists patients by coordinating care they may need outside of the clinic, such as hospital services, social supports, specialty care, and more.
• Accessible Services – patients have phone access to a provider around the clock, other direct communication methods, access to urgent care, and access to extended clinic hours.
• Quality and Safety – LCHC is committed to providing high quality services by using evidence-based medicine, practicing population health management, using performance measures, responding to patient feedback, and collecting a large volume of quality and safety data.