Congresswoman Jayapal is seeking passionate interns to join the resistance as assistants to her district office staff. Interns will gain firsthand experience working with federal agencies and our constituents. Interested applicants should contact Sarah Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the online submission form at https://jayapal.house.gov/services/internships.
Applicants must be undergraduate students who have completed at least one quarter of college. Internships are unpaid but students are eligible to earn academic credit depending on the requirement of the institution. Internship sessions are scheduled on an academic quarter basis; however, our internship program is flexible and staffers will work with students to be accommodate their schedule.
• Gain insight into the operations of a congressional office.
• Learn to track the legislative process and communicate the Congresswoman’s work with constituents.
• Develop skills to resolve constituent concerns with federal agencies.
• Conduct research and writing to support staff projects.
• Assist with programming and event planning for the district office.
• Develop and disseminate social media and multimedia content.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
• Interested in government, the legislative process and intersectional social justice.
• Able to perform front desk customer service responsibilities.
• Strong writing and communication skills. Applicants with skills in graphic design and social media will be considered for a specialized communications role.
• Possesses a professional attitude and helpful manner over the phone; able to communicate with a variety of personalities in a pleasant manner.
• Able to work independently and in a team in an efficient, resourceful, and responsible manner.
We are currently receiving applications for our Winter Quarter positions. Priority will be given to applications received by Wednesday, November 22nd. Late applications will be considered until positions are filled. All students are welcome to apply.