Powers Engineering, Inc. is a certified Women Owned Business (WBE) specializing in civil and water resources engineering planning and design services. It was founded in Evansville, Indiana in 2005 with a second office location in Indianapolis, IN.
We assist clients with the implementation of infrastructure projects from planning, through design, and into bidding and construction. We have prepared construction drawings and contract documents, as well as provided bidding, construction administration, and resident project representative services for:
• Sanitary and storm collection systems,
• Wastewater and water treatment plants,
• Pump stations,
• Water distribution systems.
Powers Engineering’s noteworthy project experience is underpinned by substantial proficiency in hydrologic & hydraulic modeling and design. This experience includes the application of numerous software packages for the simulation of sanitary and storm system hydraulics including, but not limited to: USEPA SWMM, XPSWMM, InfoWorks ICM, PCSWMM, Autodesk SSA, Pizer Incorporated HYDRA, transient flow modeling software, HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS, as well as Bentley’s Haestad Methods. Powers Engineering has developed hydrologic and hydraulic models to support the development of critical water resources infrastructure including:
• Capital improvements projects to meet consent orders and consent decrees,
• Long Term Control Plan (LTCP) objectives including the mitigation of combined sewer overflows,
• Sanitary sewer overflow (SSO) abatement and infiltration and inflow (I&I) reduction projects,
• Combined sewer separation projects,
• Green infrastructure and other sustainable design projects,
• Stormwater management systems to address existing drainage issues and to support redevelopment and new development projects,
• Floodplain and floodway analyses to determine the impacts of development and to meet USACE permitting requirements.