Select Equity Group was founded in 1990 on the premise that rigorous fundamental research and disciplined investing will drive superior investment returns. Today, the Firm has more than $40 billion in AUM across multiple strategies utilizing a team-based approach and centralized research effort. Our more than 190 employees possess diversity of thought, experiences and backgrounds and share a commitment to our Core Principles (see below for more details). Our employees thrive in a collaborative environment that empowers them to apply curiosity, creativity and continuous improvement in pursuit of differentiated excellence for our clients.
COMMITMENT TO GIVING BACK: The Select Equity Group Foundation, established in 2000, makes a positive impact by actively engaging all employees in identifying and supporting charitable organizations of excellence.
• Originality: We generate our own ideas and never deploy common practice without skepticism. We strive to avoid the herd.
• Innate Curiosity: There are no dumb questions. We challenge universally accepted beliefs and seek new angles of understanding.
• Charity: We recognize our good fortune and give back to society in meaningful and thoughtful ways.
• Continuous Improvement: We always strive to improve our performance and measure ourselves absolutely, not relatively.
• Humility: We seek no acclaim individually or as a Firm other than earning the gratitude of our clients.
• Teamwork: We trust our colleagues and communicate with transparency and respect. Ours is a culture of giving credit, not seeking credit.