Title: Sales Application Engineer – Appleton, WI
Company: Tri-Phase Automation is a unique distributor with over 29 years of service in innovation in the automation industry. We hire degreed engineers to be the face of our company, providing solutions to customers. We seek to form relationships to be an extension of our customers’ engineering teams.
We are a hi-tech automation distributor that works with manufacturing companies in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. Tri-Phase provides innovative solutions with the largest breadth of products and services in the Midwest and represents and supports the world’s leading vendors in robotics, vision, PLC’s and motion control. Our customers rely on us to help reduce risk, costs and provide a variety of value added services based on our customers’ requirements. Our headquarters is located in Pewaukee, WI, with additional offices and operations in the Fox Valley and Chicagoland areas.
Job Location: Appleton, WI
Compensation structure: TBD
Benefits: 401k (w/company matching), Health/Vision/Dental/LTD insurance, Vacation/Sick plus business expenses available to full time employees
Full/Part Time: Full Time
General Description: Following a training period, the new team member will be responsible for managing and growing a pre-established territory in the Northern Wisconsin area. This would also include building new business via prospecting and managing leads. This is a sales engineering role, where you will be spending the majority of your time working in the field with customers and pre-selected prospects to uncover opportunities and identify the appropriate products and solutions to address their needs.
As a Sales Applications Engineer, you will be vital in continuing the efforts of attracting new customers and increasing the spend of existing customers. This role is one that is challenging and rewarding, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to develop and grow existing and exciting NEW opportunities in an untapped region, allowing the candidate to grow and develop that territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The position will be customer facing strategizing and determining a solution to win the order
• Involved in presenting solutions to key individual decision makers
• Business development involves scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentations to the client, having researched their business and requirements. This will be with the aid and support of our existing telemarketing and New Business Development Team.
• Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service, as well as, meeting all client needs appropriate to their business, is a key role within the New Business Development Team.
• A Sales Applications Engineer works as part of a team with other departments within the organization to create and implement a strategy to achieve optimal success with every opportunity
• Have the ability to analyze technical challenges, determine a solution to implement the developed application
• Develop an excellent working knowledge of Tri-Phase’s products
• Ability to provide technical demos and presentations on technical products and solutions is required
• Position will be based out of the Appleton office, with 90% local travel, and occasional travel for vendor training
• Some evening or weekend work may be expected to meet deadlines or urgent customer driven support demands
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Experience and knowledge with PLC, HMI, robotics, sensors, safety, machine vision and industrial motion control products is a plus
• Experience in automation or manufacturing environment is preferred
• Sales skills a plus