Paper for Water is a non-profit organization bringing water and the Word to the thirsty, one piece of paper at a time. Paper for Water has funded over 200 water projects in 20 different countries around the world through the art of origami.
In 2011, when sisters Katherine and Isabelle Adams were 5 and 8 years old, they learned that millions of people in the world do not have access to clean drinking water. Their original goal to exchange origami designs for donations to fund a water well in Ethiopia, led to the founding of Paper for Water.
While we effect change abroad, we are also working to create a local movement in our North Texas community. To be more precise, Paper for Water:
- Provides access to clean water and sanitation for the global poor worldwide
- Educates others about the world water crisis
- Promotes servant leaders who follow Christ’s message to serve with compassion
- Uses the creativity and energy of our local community to connect individuals
- Emphasizes character building through living a meaningful and purposeful life
- Empowers an entrepreneurial spirit that seeks solutions for the world’s problems